Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2/2 - no official update, so here is a short update from stuff he wrote Mom

Hey, Mom!

Sorry for no heads up, but we literally didn't have time to do anything yesterday. I didn't even get to teach a single lesson. I felt sad. Teaching is such a privilege, and I never realize it until I can't do it. It just really helps me feel the Spirit.

I told Elder Arguello your joke and he just sighed and shook his head. I give him a lot of crap by trying to speak what little Spanish I know. I'm also laughing because today I finally resolved a problem in which some Elders didn't have power for over 2 weeks. They said after week one the house started smelling really bad. I bet it did.

Matt and Abby are home? Wow, it seems like they left like right before I did. Abby probably didn't leave too long before me, come to think of it, but I'm still surprised about Matt. If you see them, tell them I said hi! Missions are cool! Claire told me about the accident. I'm starting to think that it's a bad idea to get a time-consuming calling in our ward. You might break something.

"yours is dark and gray" well, that's happy. I laughed at that. There's sunshine in my soul all right, and a whole lot of it's on my face, too. (Wrong lyrics sung by his brother)

Sorry, but it looks like I'm not going to have time to write a very long update, you may have to fill in a gap or two. My inability to respond to people last week caught up to me, and I took a while writing to President Mathews today. I'm also sorry that I have a pitifully small number of pictures to send today. I'm trying to focus more on making sure the office is on its feet for now.

Well, I hope that you have a great week! I love you!

Love,
Elder Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment