Monday, November 21, 2016

The House of the Rising Sun

I can't remember who sang this originally, actually. I mostly mention it because I've heard it at least 3 times in the past week when I never really expected to hear that song in this country. Also a couple of Michael Jackson songs I had never even heard. Nice.




Now that I don't have a weird line in front of my paragraph, let me tell you about the week. The main event of the week was a Zone Conference presided by Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy. He's the President of the Europe Area right now. With his funny English accent and his hilarious but also spiritual capabilities made it the best Zone Conference I've ever been to. My favorite part was when Elder Kearon was demonstrating the importance we should give in the invitation to be baptized. he pulled me up and asked me what's something I really, really wanted. Typical me said "a trip to space." He then looks me dead in the eyes, and says something like this: "Jordan, (he literally asked me my first name to do this,) now I have been talking for the past 6 years with Elon Musk just for you. And now, after all these years, I'm happy to announce that you will be accompanying Elon Musk..." and then he broke off laughing harder than ever. I was in tears in front of my entire Zone. I think in that moment I reached Nirvana. I even learned a lesson from it, that we should act like we're giving the greatest gift that there is to be given! Because we literally are! What a wonderful experience. The theme of the whole thing was "Just stop worrying," so that's what I plan to do.


Since that day, I've felt a true peace in my work, and in everything I do. We had 5 investigators in church yesterday, which was another wonderful feeling. Our investigator Mario is a really, really cool guy! He came with us to this thing called Integration Night, which is designed to help new people be more familiar with the members of the church, and the next day he came to church by himself! He's really excited about everything, and loves to talk with us. The only thing is that he's incredibly shy. He doesn't really want to respond to some questions that we give. It's not really a bad thing, but we'll need to find him a good friend. He knows a guy that we'll get involved this week.

Other than that, Juçara passed her baptismal interview, meaning she'll be baptized this next Saturday! We're really excited for her, and she's becoming good friends with Yannick and his whole family. Things are really looking up for December as well! I'm just loving life!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. My comp and I will probably be having a humble one on Thursday. Love you all!

Elder Penner


He included pictures from his district's trip to the tallest mountain on the island.  As you can see it was very foggy.  I hope the fog brought some relief from the heat for them.  







No comments:

Post a Comment