Thursday, January 1, 2015

MTC- week 2

Our lessons with Anna have gotten so much better, it's almost unreal. We're going to start with a new investigator, Paulo, tomorrow. I hope I can keep up the curve of spiritual experiences we've been having!
Sundays here are pretty relaxing. The blocks are all spread out through the day, with breaks in between and a Devotional in the evening. For Sunday's devotional this week, we got to sing Happy Birthday to DAVID ARCHULETA and heard some awesome songs from Richard Elliot, the organist for Motab! There's no FHE here, but there is a devotional every Tuesday evening, too. We heard a bomb diggity talk from Elder Nelson on Christmas day.  The Spirit here is so strong, I can't describe it. Oh, and we also were able to watch Ephraim's Rescue, too. I cried. I cried a lot this week.
My companion's awesome. He's got a great sense of humor and also a really great work ethic that sometimes keeps me in line. I share a room with my companion and the 4 other elders in my District (you wouldn't be proud of the room, but I of course have a spotless area, you know me.) And the food here is basically all-you-can-eat, but we swipe a card just so they have a head count. The best times are when BYU creamery brings some of their ice cream, it's pretty darn good.
Can't wait for Elder Purnell to show up, he's going to be so bewildered! (I know i was.) The Spirit is so strong here, I can't even describe it to you. I need to go at least one day here without breaking down in tears because it's so strong, lol. Wish you could experience what's going on here, it's pretty special! Tell the family and the ward that I think and pray about them all the time!
Love you,
Elder Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment