Monday, April 3, 2017

Death and All His Friends

"And, in the end, we lie awake and we dream of making our escape."

This is it. I will have time to email this next week, but I don't think
I'll even take up the full time to write, honestly. I've waited a long time
to put this song as my title, it just happens to be my favorite song by
Coldplay, and one of my all-time favorites. In the mission, you talk a lot
about new missionaries being "born" and old missionaries "dying" and things
like that, and I've finally come to the latter end of that spectrum.

I feel as though I'm learning 50 times more now than I was at the beginning
of my mission. It's a real shame because I wish I could have more time to
use these principles, but at the same time I love what I'm learning. I feel
as though this transfer I learned the lesson that I really needed to learn
on my mission. It's not about me, it's about giving everything I have to
the Lord. I had heard it over and over again, but I didn't get it
completely until just now. Life is fascinating.

As for how things are going, I'd like to point your attention to Emelly,
who's name I finally know how to spell correctly because I just filled out
her baptismal record! She'll be baptized this upcoming Saturday! We're
working out everything so it'll be a sweet experience. As for Rui, he was
supposed to mark the date for his marriage last Thursday, but Albertina had
a bit of trouble with a couple of documents, so they should know by when we
talk to them tomorrow! This month for sure!

Conference was a great experience, although we totally missed the first
hour of the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions due to some weird
technical difficulties. I loved so many of the talks this time around.
Shoutout to Elder Bragg for sharing the scripture on my plaque and basing
his talk on it. Maybe I'll just use that to do my homecoming talk, haha. We
had an investigator unexpectedly show up. Augusto showed up for the last
session of Conference, even though the last time we actually talked to him
was last Tuesday. He just happened to show up in the session where Elder
Costa gave a talk directed towards investigators, which was niiice.

Well, I think that's all I have to say about the week I had. I'll be sure
to send something next week, but I don't think It'll be quite as long. Hope
you all have a great week and a half! After that I know you'll have a good
time, cause I'll be there to join you! I'm making the best of this last
week for sure!

Abraço,
Elder Penner

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete