Monday, March 13, 2017

Californication

The Red Hot Chili Peppers seem to best describe my metamorphosis already in motion. Actually not much of a change has happened, but I'd like to think so.

Vida na Cabo is the good life! We had a really great week, where we met and worked with a lot of progressing investigators. That is, progressing except that nobody went to church! True love is when you want to strangle someone because they're not doing what's best for them but you don't actually ever strangle them, because it's bad.

I don't know what we're going to do with Emily quite yet. She had been progressing for the 25th of this month, but she still hasn't even met the Young Women's leader yet, and her member supports took her to the beach instead of going to church yesterday. I think it may be better to wait a bit, so she can go to church at least twice consecutively and get to know Neusa.

We had a really neat lesson with Sulamita and Blada the other day as well. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and they had a lot of great questions and were very interested, especially in what we had to say about the role of the Fall of Adam and Eve. They were like, that totally makes sense! When we got to the end of the lesson, we invited them for baptism for this next month. They were so close to accepting a baptismal date, but at the last moment Sulamita backed out. You could feel the Spirit in that room. We're pretty sure it's going to happen really soon here.

Last but certainly not least, we had a sort of miracle yesterday! When talking with Rui and Albertina, we had a couple of members with us take away basically all of their doubts about marriage. It was incredible. We told them that we could make the marriage happen as early as the beginning of April if they were up for it. The Spirit was so strong, and they ended up deciding to go for it! We just went to the registro with Rui this morning, and they're going to go back this week to get things rolling! This is really exciting, because I never have been present for any of my investigators' weddings before. I'll be fine if it doesn't work out here, but if it does, that would be incredible. We're stoked!

Anyways, I think that's all I've got for the time being. We're going on a division tomorrow, which I'm excited for. Zone Conference is in a couple of weeks. Home is in a month. But why worry about tomorrow when today's so great, am I right?

Love you all!
Elder Penner

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete