Monday, March 28, 2016

On the Run

Well, transfers happened! And guess what? I'm staying! Actually, I don't think I'll be leaving for another two transfers, because the secretary position is a 6 month calling. That's how President has set it up, and I don't see it changing soon. That's not to say that things haven't changed, though, because I get to be District Leader again! Varzea became part of another district now, and so our dupla here is the only Elders in this district. It'll be interesting how the DL responsabilities go with the secretary ones.

Anyways, the fast-paced, non-lyrical song On the Run by Pink Floyd pretty much describes my morning. I drove people around in the Hiace all morning, and as always, people just don't seem to be in the right place at the right time with the right things like I want them to. It's okay, I got to see my boy Elder Nemelka today, who's becoming Praia Zone Leader on his 5th transfer! How neat is that? I also got to drive Sisters Tongi, Haycock, and Johnson around a bit, which was neat because they're all going home in a few days.

Some really neat things happened this week, mostly at church yesterday. So you know about that Jailson kid that I talked about last week? The one who I was exasperated with? Well, he finally made it to church yesterday! I was super happy, and he even brought his friend Tony, who we'd been working with as well. However, we found out during church that Tony was actually a member, and he hadn't been to church for a long while as well! That's okay, we got two less-actives to come this week instead of one! Also, Paulo (the absolute boss that he is) brought his friend Roberto to church as well! We'd talked to Roberto once, but never found the time to pass by his house again after he missed an appointment with us. Well, we were surprised to find out that he was waiting for us when we got to the chapel.

I hope you all had a Happy Easter Sunday yesterday as well! Right now, I'm gonna get super stoked for CONFERENCE WEEKEND, the weekend that only happens twice a year where the whole world gets STRAIGHT REVELATION FROM GOD. Grab your study journals, open your notes on your iPhones, and get ready to write down what our Heavenly Father's trying to say to you! I'm going to probably spend most of my week talking to everyone I meet that we're going to hear the voice of the Prophet of God! Be excited!

Anyways, that's a fair amount of what's been happening here in the Cabo. In the words of Bob Saget,

Abraço,
Elder Penner







                         

No comments:

Post a Comment