Monday, December 14, 2015

Hark the Harold Angels Sing

I don't really know why I put it as Harold, but it just seems really funny to me that way. Who are you, Harold? What are you doing with a bunch of singing angels?

This week surprised us with almost every appointment that we had made falling. It seemed like we ended up passing almost all of our current investigators every day, a feat that we aren't very able to do when we have as many appointments as we usually do. I liked it though, it helped us to work with those that were more interested in giving their time to learn about our message. We also ended up having a lot of success with less-active work this week, which is just as important as finding and teaching new people. As is evident in the parable of the lost sheep, the Lord is very worried about each and every one of His children that leave the church for whatever reason. It was good to see some members return to church yesterday.

Well, André had been going very well this past week. He was actually going so well, we were so excited for his baptismal interview and to be able to go and watch the baptisms this week, but apparently work kept him late! He also had some family emergency yesterday, so he also wasn't able to make it to church. We're a little worried about him, but seeing as it was things out of his or our control that happened this weekend, we still think that he may be able to be baptized this upcoming Saturday, so stay tuned for that.
In awesome news, the entire mission recieved a new microwave for Christmas this year! We got ours last week when our house was inspected, and today we bought a bunch of microwaveable popcorn to celebrate.

Well, I guess I technically don't hit my year mark this week, but I would have hit my year mark this Thursday had I not gone home. Shout out to the others who I came with who only have a year left of service! I reckon that my year mark now rests somewhere in March. Maybe I'll just say it's on St. Paddy's day for the heck of it.

Oh, I also just wanted to mention that a member the other day called me "pumpkin head" in English. Yeah.

Hope your Christmas is going great! Take the time to share a special message about the Gospel of Jesus Christ with someone you love! They'll most likely appreciate it, and especially in the next life!

Abraço,
Elder Pumpkin Head

                                       








No comments:

Post a Comment